Thursday, March 30, 2017

The Suzette Stitch Washcloth


This is my first time making a washcloth.  This is also my first time using the, Suzette Stitch.

The Suzette Stitch consists of using a single crochet and a double crochet in the same stitch, then skipping a stitch.

It is funny, anytime a pattern calls for skipping a stitch, it makes me feel as if I am crocheting faster.  (I crochet rather slowly).


As well as crocheting slowly, I also crochet somewhat loosely.  In order to attain a tighter stitch, I went down in recommended hook size for this cloth.

Measures approx. 8 x 8.  To change measurements, crochet in multiples of 2.

Materials:
*Cotton Yarn
*G (4.25 mm) Hook or recommended hook size
*Scissors
*Yarn Needle
*Ruler

Pattern: 
*Ch. 30
*Row 1 - SC in 2nd Ch. from hook.  Dc in same stitch as Sc.  Skip a stitch.  Sc and Dc into same St.  Repeat this pattern across until last St.  In the last stitch, Sc only.
*Row 2 - Turn work.  Ch. 1.  *Sc and Dc into same stitch. Sk. St.*  Repeat until last stitch.  Sc into the last stitch.
*Rows 3 - 23 or until cloth measures 8" long.  Repeat row 2.  Ch. 1, bind off, sew in ends.





No comments:

Post a Comment