Wednesday, March 29, 2017

The Carolina Cowl


Have you seen those Harbor Cowls online and wanted to make one?  I fell in love with the look so much that I came up with my own similar looking pattern.  

I hope you love the pattern as much as I.  You can easily alter this pattern to come up with a length and width that works for you. 

For this pattern, I used Lion Brand's WoolSpun #5 bulky yarn, but you can easily use a #6 bulky yarn.  I have seen some supporting their team colors by combining together 2 & 3 strands of worsted weight yarn.    

If you have any questions or would like to share photos of your own creations, please connect with me on  LoftyLoopsStudio Facebook Page, I would love love love to hear from you.  

Susan


Materials:
*#5 Bulky Yarn
*P (11.5 mm) Hook
*3 Buttons - approx. 1.5" - 2" Wide
*Scissors
*Yarn Needle

Pattern: 
*Ch. 66
*Row 1 - Sc in 2nd Ch. from hook and in eaChacross.
*Row 2 - Turn work.  Ch 2.  Hdc in the BL (back loops) in the 3rd Ch.  from hook and in eaSc across until you get to the last Sc.  In the last Sc  space (not the back loop) Hdc into that space.  
*Rows 3 - 13 Turn work.  Ch. 2.  Hdc in BL in 3rd Ch. from hook and in ea.  Hdc across until the last loop.  Hdc into the space.  

 At this point you can bind off, sew in ends and add buttons.
 I added another row.  (row 14).  Turn work.  Ch. 1,  Sc in eaHdc across.  
**I always like to Chain 1 at the end of my work.  I feel it creates a  smoother finish when sewing in the tail.


5 comments:

  1. I'm confused about the buttons. Do you not make button holes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. La lavorazione รจ cucita e i bottoni sono di bellezza, sono cuciti: non servono le asole.

      Delete
  2. How many skeins is required or recommended for this pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm confused about the constant "HDC in the third chain from the hook" part; do you mean in the first sc and what do you mean by sc space?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So frustrated. No diagram on how to fold or put the buttons. I’ve got this piece of crochet and it beautiful but I’ve folded it ten different ways cannot get it to look like the photo. Very poor instructions.

    ReplyDelete